What To Read :: Some Book Recommendations!

I love to read, and I read a lot! I am always on the lookout for my next book and am always up for recommendations from fellow readers, so I thought I would share a list of some of the books I've really enjoyed recently.

Vampire Academy (series) by Richelle Mead
I'm very into young adult fiction.  I read the Hunger Games trilogy over the course of three days, devoured the Divergent books (but was rather disappointed with Allegiant...how about you?) and eventually made my way through the Twilight series as well.  A couple summers ago I borrowed the first of the Vampire Academy books from mom and couldn't put it down! I ended up downloading all of the six books in the series and knocking out one after the other.  Now I've gone back and am re-reading them again.  If you're a fan of young adult books and don't mind the vampire craze, I definitely recommend the series for some fast, fun reading.  There's even a movie out now and I'm looking forward to seeing it!


The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
I. Loved. This. Book.  It is beautifully written and very easy to get sucked into.  I quickly became attached to the characters, but I love books that do that.  I silently cheered for them and my heart broke for them when something sad happened.  This definitely isn't a feel good, light read, but I can't recommend it enough.  I recently saw the movie as well and it definitely did the book justice - that doesn't mean skip the book though!

Wedding Night: A Novel by Sophie Kinsella
If you loved the Shopaholic series then you will love Sophie Kinsella's latest book.  It's light hearted, fun and absolutely hilarious.  There were several points where I caught myself laughing out loud on the busy commuter train in Japan.  Anything that could make those long train rides entertaining is A-OK in my book!


Lynda Renham is an author I discovered when I was looking for something new to download on my Kindle.  At first I was attracted to the cover art (I most definitely judge books by the cover!) and then by the price tag.  My Kindle editions were all less than $4.  That is definitely the right price for someone who goes through books like me!  All of the books are good, fun British chick-lit (my favorite).  Most are fairly predictable, but they are great "beach reads" if you're looking for some feel good entertainment.

Well, there's plenty to get you started there!  I'll try to keep writing about what I'm reading, and maybe even write some reviews if I can channel my high school self and get into book report mode (yuck)!  If you have any recommendations for me, let me know!  As I said, I'm always on the lookout for a new book.  Happy reading!

No comments